Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Week one of India

So tomorrow will be a full week down from the start of my adventure. The long plane ride was...long. I was happy to see some familiar faces once the team landed a couple hours after me. They have been keeping us extremely busy here with ministry stuff, which I am thrilled about. We have done village outreaches, where we have gone door to door praying for people with the pastor of the village and then have held church services afterwards. We have been to 2 homes for special needs children that have been so touching. We have done a few children's outreaches as well for kids programs the ministry site here does for kids who are severely impoverished or at-risk. It has all been wonderful.... and so so hot. By far the hottest place I have ever been on earth. But I'm loving it! And the team I'm working with from Sterling has been more than I could ever have hoped for! I will be sad to see them go next week. But until then, we will cram a ton more into one more week while they are still here! Thanks for all the prayers! Keep them up.

No comments: