Friday, May 22, 2009

Life is in the Details

So I've discovered one of my personality traits that works well on missions. My tendency to get really excited over really small details...haha


Like:
- Having clean clothes (which I now have! such a good day!)
- The Beach (which we went to when the team was here...ahhh, my favorite thing in life)



- Eating a piece of chocolate (which I got to do last night)
- The Indian Fair. Yes, Lorianna, I went to the fair in India. Jealous? Well, don't picture the FL State Fair or anything, but a cultural experience none the less. And I even rode a couple rides, and live to tell about it. :)



- Coffee and tea (which is always readily available, and I take advantage of often)
Sidenote: Are there any countries that really don't like coffee/tea? Because everywhere I've gone, it has been a big thing. It's always been a little different each place, but always good. This has become my number one comfort item while traveling. :)
Random tidbit: So when people here Chai tea, they think India, right? But if you go to India and order Chai, you will just get normal tea, because the word "chai" means tea. If you want what we as Americans think of as Chai, you have to order "masala chai" which is more of the spiced tea we are familiar with. (This might only apply to the part of India I'm in, but is still interesting!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you forgot to mention the toothbrush and soap container that you won at the fair. hahaha. I don't know why, but that totally made me laugh! (and it made my facebook status, so you know it had to make an impact!) ha