Friday, July 24, 2009

Requests for Prayer

Well, here I am three months in to all this and so I'd like to update you on some of the things you can be praying with and for me about:

1. I am hoping to stay here until the first part of November and then head back to India to meet a two-week GI team there before heading back to the states, but my tourist visa for Thailand will expire before then. Pray for favor in getting my visa extended.

2. Since I am spending so much time in Patong, I am getting pretty easily identifiable - even to some of the bar owners and managers, which at times is not the best thing. Pray for some new ideas and ways to remain effective in the bars.

3. I've been having a lot of pain in my hips. All the floors here are tile, and there aren't really any chairs - everyone just sits indian-style on the floor all the time, and I think that plus my not so great bed here are giving me some joint problems. (I feel like an 80 year old woman complaining about my hip pain...) I'm guessing this is what's causing the pain, although I dont really know. I'm struggling to sit on the floor though, which makes life challenging here.

4. Renewed vision and purpose for my time here. The two GI teams have now came and left so the rest of my time here is just focused on whatever SHE wants me to do or needs help with. They are giving me a lot of freedom in this though, so just pray that I'll have wisdom and direction about how to make the best use of my time and that all the right doors will open with the things I want to do.

Khap Khum Ka (Thank you)! Your prayers are greatly appreaciated!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sooo good to talk to you this morning, my dear friend.I was telling David about your hip pain, and he said that he might be able to show you some stretches that will help relieve some pressure. Next time we are on skype, he will give you a demonstration (if you're up for it)! :)
Maybe even tomorrow ( Sun)?
Love you lots!!