Thursday, July 2, 2009

Moving forward

Well, things didn't end up so great in KL. I went back the second day after getting the paperwork they needed scanned and emailed to me from Thailand, but got the same woman again, who said there was nothing that could be done - they were already processing my visa for a 60 day tourist visa, and it couldn't be changed. Blast.

Oh well. At least now I'm back in Thailand, and can stay for sure for 60 days, then should be able to do a visa run for at least another 30 (hopefully I can do that twice for 60 days each though, and not have to worry with it again...). But I'll concern myself with that when the time comes. Now I focus on what lies ahead. Monday I leave for Bangkok to meet the second GI team that is arriving. We come back down to Phuket on Wed. (I'm getting tired of all these quick trips and am ready to be settled here for a while). I'm so ready for the team to be here!!! :)

When I got back from Malaysia, Laurie had gotten some furniture from her friends that are moving back to England and, after scraping the mold off of it (haha, I love that the phrase" scraping off the mold" involves things that are now living in our room!...), had it all set up in our room when I got back. It really feels homey now. Thanks Laurie! :)

2 comments:

infusemom03 said...

Happy you are "home" safe and sound, and enjoying homey furniture. You are celebrating
4th of July in another country - and you also celebrated July
1st,too, Canada Day-(and you didn't even know it) Blessings,

summer joy! said...

LIZ!
I miss you so much, and i'm glad to hear that you are safe and sound back in thailand. :)
I'm excited about the team coming in monday, and can't wait to hear of the great testimonies that will come from you guys!
LOVE YOU!