Sunday, July 5, 2009

My prayer

Tomorrow I fly to Bangkok to meet a Global Infusion team that's coming out from Sterling College (along with my good friend Anne). They are actually in the air right now, so pray for their travelling mercies and a safe arrival. We'll spend Tuesday and part of Wednesday in Bangkok before heading back to Phuket Wednesday evening. I'm believing for great things while they are here!

Here's a passage that's been on my heart lately. The first few verses are very familiar to us, but I like the verses that follow as well:

Jeremiah 29:11-14
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."
Jeremiah 30:17
"But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds," declares the Lord, "because you are called an outcast, Zion for whom no one cares."
Jeremiah 31:3-4
The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt, O Virgin Israel. Again you will take up your tambourines and go out to dance with the joyful."

This is my prayer for the women here. Will you believe with me for this?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

absolutely! Hope everything goes well while the team is there! Love you girl and praying for God's will to be done in and through you!! :)

sarah bess said...

amen!! I pray you'll see lots of evidence of that happening everywhere you look.

glad you'll be coming back thru here in November, too!

summer joy! said...

SO good liz! Of course I will be praying with you for these women!
I am so glad you get to be there with them, and that God can use you to show His love towards them! :)

Kat said...

Yes! We will be praying! We're so thankful the technology that allows us to be so quick to get news of how things are going there! Are you able to check e-mail? Jen is getting close to d-day with the twins. She is at 33 weeks now and the doctors are telling her if she can just make it to 34 weeks she is golden. Some where between 36-38 weeks is the absoulute ideal. We will be in Tampa for two weeks and are hopeful we get to be there for the birth. Can't wait to hear more from you. You are part of something really amazing doing all you are doing in ministry there and we feel so blessed to be related to you! You are my favorite cousin always!!!! Love you so much and are praying for you!!!!