Thursday, August 27, 2009

Goodbye my friend



Today is a sad day for me. Laurie, the English lady that I've lived and worked with since I've been here in Thailand left to move back to England. We both got to Thailand the same week in June, and have shared a room together while also sharing life together these past 3 months. She has become one of my best friends in such a short amount of time. The Lord knit together our hearts as we loved on the women of Thailand together - both those at SHE and the ones still working in the bars. But Laurie's health has not been good the past couple of months, and she needs to return to England for proper medical care. Tonight she boards a flight that will take her there, and this afternoon I had to say goodbye to her - at least goodbye for now. We both have the feeling that the Lord will bring us back together again in the future, at least for a couple of roadtrips if nothing else.

Laurie, I love you so much. I will miss having a sister here with me in Phuket to share life with. I am praying for wisdom and a miraculous recovery for you, and that the Lord will reveal exactly what this next step holds for you. My heart is selfishly heavy as I think about carrying on here without you, but I am excited for what is waiting just over the horizon of your life. May God truly bless you, my dear friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sad for you, Liz. And, I'll be praying for Laurie as she gets medical care. I'm thinking about you extra today as your heart man is crying... :) I love you!

infusemom03 said...

Should that beach look familiar to the Global Infusion team from last year? Looks absolutely wonderful there. What a great picture. So many changes for you-you have had to adapt to many things. We are all so proud of you and keep you continually in our thoughts and prayers - and we pray for answered prayers for Laurie, too. Have a good weekend. Do something to treat Liz:) love moi