Monday, July 21, 2008

Week 2 and update

So it's now been a week that I've been in Mexico and there is just under two weeks left. It's been super busy so far. We've had a few obstacles, but nothing that the Lord hasn't been able to take care of. The first two teams are gone now. The group from Knoxville brought about 40 people, mostly youth and worked on four different construction projects during the mornings while they were here and then ran two separate VBS sights in the afternoon. They were able to get a lot done, and more importantly ministered to several people. I know one day at one of the VBS sights, 25 kids came to know the Lord!!! The other team was a bilingual group of women from Tampa that did mostly evangelism and womens conferences. They saw several people get saved and ministered to during their week here. The Global Infusion staff (including myself) worked diligently to keep up with both teams and coordinate all their outreaches, transportation and basically take care of everything to allow them to do the ministry projects they were involved in. We jumped in whenever we could too to help out. Highlight of the trip so far: I got to go with the ladies team from Tampa a couple times and one night was able to lead a young husband and wife couple to the Lord!

I will do my best to update again, although this has been my first chance to post something or access internet at all. Continue to pray for us. We are working an getting everything set for the next team to come in on Saturday. We are also helping out the contacts here as much as possible. We've also purchased our tickets for Guatemala, which we'll be leaving for two days after returning from Mexico (August 5-12). Pray for wisdom health and safety for our team. Pray for the people of Juarez and for resources for them and the ministries serving them. Pray for divine appointments for the next couple weeks. Continue to pray for Juarez once we leave because there is a great work that needs to continue. Pray pray pray...

And post comments on my blogs if you are reading them. I need encouraging words when I get a chance to check them. I'm out of contact with many of you that I love and care about, so leave me lots of love.

I'll update the next time I can. Until then...

4 comments:

Devon said...

Liz! My FRIEND! I love and miss you so much. How great for you to lead that couple to Christ! Thanks for being so obedient to His Purpose for your life. They've started advertising for the KidStuf needs and I saw the lead singer position - I got really SAD to realize that our own Hannah Montana is in not going to be here when it starts up! God will provide, though. He needs you for bigger and better things. =) Love you lots!

Kat said...

Hi Best Cousin and Aunt!
It is so great to get the updates on your blog! That is awesome that you got to lead that couple to the Lord. I'm sure that really reaffirms what you are doing there. AJ is sitting here with me and wants me to type a message from him. He got SO excited when he saw your picture on the computer screen!

Hi Aunt Liz! I love you very much. I love everyone, but I love you a really really lot. Remember when we goed to Chuck E. Cheese togever? And when we went to the beach togever? Thank you for getting my best best birthday present. Thank you for getting me the Thomas drawbride. I love you and I miss you. I want to be friends togever forever. (end of AJ's message.)

I'm sure Abby would like to add some things too but she is napping. Maybe she can dicate her message next time:-) Love you and miss you! We are thinking of you and praying for you daily!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz,

I am so proud of you! We've been praying for you and will continue to do so. I am so happy to hear that you are doing well and reaching so many people! Can't wait to hear about more adventures to come. Love you friend!!!
Jenna

Erika Duke said...

Liz,
Love you girl. It is so great hearing updates from you and what God is doing through you and your team. I am praying for you! Keep it up...the joy of the Lord is your strength!