Thursday, July 3, 2008

Faithfulness

I started stressing out a bit yesterday. My money for my Mexico trip is due, like yesterday and I don't have it yet. I also don't have any of the money for the Guatemala trip which is also quickly approaching. I started talking to one of my friends about this and she began to encourage me about the Lord's faithfulness. She reminded me that if the Lord has called me He will provide everything I need. She encouraged me to set aside some time for just worshipping the Lord and spending time with Him. I was still at work but I decided there was no time like the present and I popped in a praise and worship CD while working on my paperwork. Just having that on in the background seemed to help calm me down. After work I called Global Infusion and they said they had gotten a $100 check in the mail for me that day! Yippee!!! I went to church and just continued to spend time in prayer about the need and the upcoming trips. After church I asked another person to pray for me about my need, and they did. They also gave me $160! So in less than 12 hours the Lord brought me over half of what I needed for the Mexico trip! He is so faithful to meet every need that we have. Continue to pray for financial blessings as I am nearing my departure date. I leave for Knoxville on July 11th for some training and for Mexico on the 14th. It's right around the corner now!

No comments: