Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Updates on Mexico trip


I have some updates and more info about my quickly approaching first trip with Global Infusion. So, Friday is my last day at my job and the same day I leave for Knoxville. I'll be up there over the weekend to do some training before the big trip. Monday morning, very early, we leave to drive to Nashville where we will be flying out of. We fly from Nashville to Dallas, and from Dallas to El Paso. We then drive in to Juarez, where we will be staying for the next 3 weeks.
The first week there will be about 60 team members from two different groups arriving. We will run separate itineraries for each of the groups and they will include things like construction work, VBS, women's ministry and of course some evangelism and prayer ministry. After week 1 is over, those two teams will fly out and myself and a few staff members will remain in Juarez assisting the contact and preparing for the next two teams to arrive. The third week will consist of two more teams coming with about 30 people and running a couple more itineraries. I'm not sure yet what those two teams will be doing. They are a youth group and an adult group from the same church. After that we'll fly back to Nashville and drive back to Knoxville.
About two days after that we'll leave for Guatemala for a week. I don't have much info on that trip yet because I've been focused on this first one, but once I know something I'll post it.
It's gonna be great!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey baby its me just thought i would say hello your in the air now have fun

JD said...

There was a recent teaching on Joshua 1:8 ("This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it; for then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success.) If you study, meditate on and keep God's Word He provides the tools for YOU to make your way prosperous and have good success, not just success, but GOOD success. Liz, that is what you are doing you are going out and reaching the world and you will prosper and have good success!