Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Still loving life in Thailand



Our journey continues in Thailand. We've know gone from Bangkok to Phuket (pronounced Poo-ket, for some who may have been wondering) to Trang, and now we are back in Bangkok. We have just one more full day here now and will head back for the US on Friday.




I can't believe our time here is almost over, but we've had some incredible experiences while we were here. The Lord is definitely giving me a burden for the country of Thailand. I was reading in my Bible while I was here one day after visiting the ministry SHE in Hosea chapter 11, which talks about the Lord's love for Israel. Vs. 8 says, "My heart is changed within me, all my compassion is aroused." This is how I feel for the women we got to work with here in Thailand and the Phuket area in particular. I feel as if all the compassion within me has been aroused for the ladies here. I know that I want to return to this place. Please keep me in your prayers as I feel this burden.




Pray for traveling mercies and for more divine appointments as our time here is wrapping up. We have one more ministry site that we are going to tomorrow. Our plane leaves at 8:30 am Friday morning (Thai time) which is 8:30pm Thursday night EST so pray accordingly. Thanks!






Oh yeah, and one more thing... I ate a bug today... not on accident, but on purpose... and it really wasn't that bad... so I'm starting to think maybe this country has gotten to me. :)

1 comment:

Devon said...

I almost threw up... LIZ! It's like "your going down a dark path that I just can't follow!" (words from Padame Amadala-Skywalker in Star Wars Episode III.) UGHGHGHGH! That is soooo totally gross!