Wednesday, December 15, 2010

We hope not in what is seen....

So married Liz has trouble sitting down to blog. Maybe we can work on that. :)

This has been such an interesting season. I love being married. It's by far the coolest thing ever (outside of Jesus). I'm thrilled being married - every moment of it.

...but...

That doesn't mean there haven't been challenges. I can not find a job. Maybe I should re-frame that. I can not find the right job. If I walked into McDonalds or Walmart, even a flower shop or retail store, I'm quite sure I could find SOMETHING. But I haven't found the job I'm looking for. Since we've moved to Atlanta I've been looking for a job in the counseling field - one that will allow me to get my LPC for Georgia (licensed professional counselor - means that I'm legit and can bill my services to insurance companies, among other things - an important element in my field). But I can not find one. It's not even a matter of being turned down again and again. There have only been a small handful of job openings I've found that will even take on a non-licensed counselor. And of those, no one is hiring me.

Now, I'm a hard worker, I've got great references, and pretty decent work experience/skills, but all these things are not getting me a job. Not even interviews. I've only had one. And then they never called me back. It has been easy for me to get frustrated, even get my feelings hurt about this, and feel like I'm doing something wrong. Maybe I'm in the wrong field. Maybe I should be looking for different types of jobs. Maybe we shouldn't have moved here. After all, I get job offers in Tennessee. These are the types of statements that roll through my head.

...and yet...

I know He called us to move here, specifically. I know He led me to a graduate counseling program. I know He gave me the skill-set that lends me to being a therapist. I know these things because I know the voice of my Father. I know what it sounds like when He speaks something. This is something He's "called" me to do.

Dan has had consistent work and we're not in a desperate situation for me to immediately find something. I have to continue to put my hope not in what is seen - the lack of job, lack of savings we are building, job market and global economy - and instead fix my gaze on what is unseen and eternal - the Lord knows the plans He has for me, He will direct my path, His ways are not my ways, they are for good and not for harm to give me a hope and a future.

There is some reason I haven't found the job I'm searching for. Maybe it is just to make me lean more on my Father. Maybe He's just wanting to give me time to take care of my husband or have a season of rest. I don't know what is reason is, but at the end of it all, I know He's got me. I may have to remind myself that everyday...but I'm getting it. Slowly. He's got me and He's enough for me.

And that's really all I need to know.

No comments: